Thursday 20 October 2011

Details, details, details

Here are some details from five of my recent paper cuttings. These organic 'clumps' contain a variety of life. The most identifiable being butterflies. Are the butterflies the king of the clumps or are they trapped in these organic webs. These paper cut outs are about a shadowy world full of secrets and surprises.


Is this butterfly trapped?


The shadow shows the real complexity of these paper cutouts


 There are bubbles in there too.


A detail from of the work featured in my previous post, Pink Mist. Can you spot the butterfly in the shadow?


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW, WOW, all I can articulate is wow. I'm a big fan of Patrick Gannon; he sent me to your site...love butterflies too! WOW!

Anonymous said...

And, by the by, the butterflies aren't trapped, they are just experts at the art of camouflage. Again, really gorgeous, ingenious work!
Bridget